Job Opening - Student Assistant under D-NOSES - deadline extended!
The ECSA team is looking for a student assistant under the D-NOSES project (Distributed Network for Odour Sensing, Empowerment and Sustainability).
- Building the German Odour Observatory (Online public access database) (40%)
- Collection and documentation of odour pollution issues and cases in Germany from media reports, social media, personal communications etc.
- Keep Odour Observatory up to date throughout the duration of the project
- Play a major role in ECSA’s external communication regarding D-NOSES activities (20%)
- Writing short blurbs on odour pollution situation and project-related activities in Germany to be posted on all official D-NOSES media channels
- Redacting of own content and posting existing one to ECSA website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter)
- Assist in planning, preparation and conducting of German D-NOSES case study (40%)
- Collect information on potential case studies and assist decision of final case study
- Assist with stakeholder engagement meetings
- Assist with co-creation workshops in case study area
- Help evaluate case study data
- Communicate with the case study community
- Strong experience and interest in working with partners from different backgrounds, online communication, and event organization
- Experience and interest in stakeholder analysis and engagement desirable
- Experience and interest in citizen science desirable
- Experience and interest in policy-society dialogue desirable
- Proficiency using MS Office, Google Docs
- Fluency in German and English, oral and written communication
- Valid certificate of enrolment, ideally student engaged in M.A. studies
Applications should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications should be sent until 23.09.2018 with reference to job advertisement No. 12/2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or European Citizen Science Association (ECSA); c/o Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, Invalidenstrasse 43, 10115 Berlin. Printed applications are not sent back. Therefore, only copies should be submitted.
We are looking forward to conduct interviews between 1st and 3rd of October 2018 in Berlin.
You can find the full job posting here.