Job Opening - Student Assistant under DITOs
The ECSA team is looking for a student assistant under the DITOs project.
Responsibilities would include:
- Implementation of the final two rounds of an online student challenge (50%)
- Communication with partners and other citizen science practitioners working at the education transect (including email updates, skype meetings).
- Outreach to teachers and school networks across Europe (through social media, email, phone calls, and networking events).
- Documentation of timeline, evaluation, and qualitative lessons learned.
- Administration of online “gallery map” housing student submissions.
- Play a major role in ECSA’s external communication (40%)
- Redacting of own content and posting existing one to ECSA website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter)
- Track and report online analytics for ECSA and DITOs websites and social media channels
- Assist in DITOs event preparation and administration, including drafting agendas, preparing participant lists, conducting workshops, handling event evaluation data etc. (10%)
- Strong experience and interest in working with partners from different backgrounds, online communication, and online event organization
- Experience and interest in environmental education and other innovative pedagogies desirable
- Experience and interest in citizen science & DIY science desirable
- Proficiency using MS Office, Google Docs; experience with online Content Management Systems (Drupal, specifically); experience with social media analytics desired
- Fluency in English, oral and written communication; additional languages beneficial
- Valid certificate of enrolment, ideally student engaged in M.A. studies
Applications should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications should be sent until 10.06.2018 with reference to job advertisement No. 11/2018 to: email@example.com or European Citizen Science Association (ECSA); c/o Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, Invalidenstrasse 43, 10115 Berlin. Printed applications are not sent back. Therefore, only copies should be submitted.
We are looking forward to conduct interviews between 19th and 22nd June 2018 in Berlin.
You can find the full job posting here.