Running until May 2025, ACCTING is based on two research and innovation cycles, each cycle consisting of four steps:
ACCTING research is based on eight research lines, defining the thematic focus of the project and generating 41 experimental studies in 13 countries.
The research phase includes an extensive mapping and comparative analysis of 150 bottom-up environmental initiatives in 34 countries and the collection of 410 interviews with individuals from vulnerable groups
This is a co-creation step, which interprets the results coming from the research stage in the multi-disciplinary, multi-actor co-design format of Open Studios. There are 4 Open Studios in each cycle.
This step develops insights to operational and actionable solutions at three levels:
- formulates operational guidelines and recommendations to policymakers on how to improve Green Deal policies, anticipating behaviour and avoiding increases in inequalities;
- uses the results of experimental lines and Open Studios to launch a set of 10 Pilot Actions that operationalises the recommendations, increases their visibility and potential, and demonstrates their potential impact;
- develops agendas for future research based on the knowledge gaps and open questions identified and concepts co-designed in the Open Studios
The focus of this step is to maximise the impact of the work done through:
- dissemination of project result, communication and advocacy activities
- in-depth evaluation of the impacts of the experimental and pilot activities