DITOs Open Science Policy Brief Writing Workshop
In order to write a Policy Brief on relations between Citizen Science and Open Science, the DITOs project works together with the ECSA Working Group on Citizen Science & Open Science. We warmly invite for a Policy Brief writing workshop together with a working group meeting in Copenhagen, 9th-10th July 2017.
Sunday, 9th July
ECSA Open Science WG meeting via Adobe Connect in italics
14:00 Welcome & introductions
14:30 Input presentations of participants (& remote?) on case studies & key messages
15:00 Taking a look at what we have & deciding on how to work on it now
15:30 Group work on policy brief sections
18:00 Converge and discuss results of today & how to continue
20:00-22:00 Working dinner
Points to be discusses:
- Synergies between Open Science & Citizen Science
- Problems & limitations
- Suggestions for what needs to be done
Monday, 10th July
09:00 Good morning - quick review of yesterday and deciding steps for today
09:15 Group work on policy brief sections
11:30 Converge and discuss results & how to continue
12:00 Lunch (self-paid)
13:00 Group work on policy brief sections
14:30 Wrap up and next steps
What do we hope to get out of the workshop?
- First rough draft to send around for feedback over the summer :)
- Written sample case studies by workshop participants, brainstorming of other potential cases & template for other people to fill in.
- Agree on main messages of policy brief and what argument we make to get these points across (=policy brief sections).
- Start writing at least some sections of the policy brief and get commitment of people to write what they are interested in.
- Timeline for finishing the policy brief.
The meeting will take place at:
Visitor info from Natural History Museum (the ZM's parent institution)
We're working to facilitate some type of remote participation - if you are interested - please let Claudia know.
There will also be a web call for a working group meeting during the workshop - we'll communicate that via the Open Science WG channels.
For any questions regarding the event, please contact Kyle Copas.